Walls are an integral part of any room, certain to draw glances. Clean walls are essential to the visual appeal of your home’s interior. What’s more, impeccable-looking walls can make the interior look more welcoming and spacious. All in all, if you want to keep your home in immaculate condition, it is imperative that you maintain the cleanliness of your walls at all times. Thankfully, the leading house cleaning service in Arlington FL will allow you to waltz through the process with wall cleaning tips you can put to use right now.
Teamwork will help you do this in a heartbeat, so try to do your housework with your family. Scrubbing wood kitchen cabinets will be a breeze, and you will master the technique of cleaning the kitchen sink perfectly.
How do you clean white walls?
You can take two approaches to cleaning white walls, depending on whether you have latex, or oil-based paint.
To clean white walls with this paint type, you should do the following:
- Prepare the area: Take down your pictures, clocks, and any other items from the walls. Move them to a place where they won’t get in the way and suffer damage. Also, cover your floor with a tarp, and move your furniture away from the walls.
- Dust the walls: Take a towel and and place it atop your dust mop. Remove all the dust and cobwebs to set the stage for the next step.
- Wash down: Fill a bucket with warm water and add some non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner. Dip your sponge into the mixture, and rub carefully. Climb a stepladder to reach high areas.
- Rinse: Dip a different sponge into a bucket of clean water and go through the entire surface once again.
The method almost mirrors the previous one. The only difference is the solution you use. Namely, instead of an all-purpose cleaner, pour a quarter cup of white vinegar, and a teaspoon of dish detergent into warm water. Repeat the remaining instructions for spectacular results.
How do you remove marks from walls?
Now that we’ve covered how to deal with stains, you should also learn the way to get rid of all those conspicuous scuff marks. This will do the trick for most of them:
- Add several drops of dish detergent into a bucket of warm water. Dip a microfiber cloth into the mixture, and wring it out before applying it to the wall.
- Keep rubbing the area until the mark vanishes. If needed, pour a few drops of the detergent directly onto the mark, and exert some more strength.
To eliminate the stubborn marks from your walls, mix some baking soda and water together. Then, spread the paste across the mark, and use a cloth to scrub it.
What is the best thing to clean walls with?
Below is the list of products and items we’ve already mentioned, as well as some new ones you can use to clean your walls with:
- Dish detergent or a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner: This duo will help you remove nearly all the stains and grease you may encounter.
- White vinegar: If you opt for vinegar, make sure to ventilate the room because the smell can be overpowering.
- Baking soda: It is known for its potency to wipe out stubborn stains and scuff marks. It is easy to apply, and is completely safe to use.
- Ammonia: It is also quite effective, but you need to be careful with it. High concentrations of ammonia can lead to severe health issues and injuries, so make sure to wear protective gear while using it.
First-class house cleaning service in Arlington FL will do wonders in your home
To clean your home perfectly, a wide range of procedures is required. Each one of your rooms, kitchen elements, walls, and other areas need to be approached differently. Here at Maids of Jacksonville, we don’t think that you should burden yourself with such an arduous task. Simply let the exceptional cleaners we can connect you with take your breath away with their remarkable skills.
Use the opportunity to take your kids out for a playdate at Hemming Park for some stress-free, quality time.
Maids of Jacksonville guarantee satisfaction. Book your cleaning now!